Read More http://www.kevinandamanda.com/whatsnew/tutorials/how-to-use-a-cute-font-for-your-blogger-post-titles.html#ixzz1dHKNO6PS

Thursday, September 25, 2008

Off to Brazil!

So, this morning I went with my mom and dad to take my brother to the airport. He is serving a mission in Santa Maria, Brazil.

Jacob is the first missionary in our family, and the closest in age to me. I have to admit that it was harder to see him go than I thought it was going to be. We’ve become pretty close, especially since he moved out to college.

I couldn’t believe how grown up he looked in his suit and tie and name tag in the airport today. It was nice to be reassured that this is definitely something he can do. I’m going to miss him a lot, but I will know that he’s okay.

As hard as this is going to be for me, I have to admit I feel worse for my dad. He’s really losing a best friend. Jacob and my dad liked all the same movies, TV shows, and goofy/sarcastic sense of humor.

The highlight of the morning was when Jacob gave me a hug and said that he would miss me.

(btw, the picture above is pretty old. We don’t take pictures together very often..lol)

No comments:

Post a Comment