Read More http://www.kevinandamanda.com/whatsnew/tutorials/how-to-use-a-cute-font-for-your-blogger-post-titles.html#ixzz1dHKNO6PS

Friday, July 4, 2008

Happy Birthday America!

I love Independence Day. It’s my favorite holiday, hands down. And I like living near Provo for Independence Day. We have the biggest celebration in the country here. The fourth of July to me is a time to step back and think about all the things I love about our country instead of focusing on all the things I’d like to change.

We are in a state of turmoil right now; however, I believe that things aren’t so different now as they were in 1776. We face many of the same problems as they did. I am grateful that the founding fathers sacrificed their fortune and good name to give me freedom.

I owe my love of country to my parents. Independence Day is a pretty big deal in my family. My mom will usually read stories and quotes about the Declaration of Independence to us. I hope to do that one day with my family. Because, no matter our faults and shortcomings, we are the best nation in the world. And I am proud to be a part of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment