Read More http://www.kevinandamanda.com/whatsnew/tutorials/how-to-use-a-cute-font-for-your-blogger-post-titles.html#ixzz1dHKNO6PS

Monday, July 28, 2008

The Dark Knight

So, Daniel surprised me and got tickets to see “The Dark Knight” which I have been excited about since “Batman Begins” came out.  I love Christian Bale as Batman, and really just love the idea of Batman as a superhero.

The movie definitely did not disappoint. It was pretty much nonstop action from the first scene to the end. There was a point in the middle of the movie where it slowed a little bit. In fact, I remember looking at the clock on my phone and thinking, there is no way this is over. And it wasn’t.

I was so impressed with Heath Ledger as the Joker. When they first announced that he would be playing the part, I admit I was a little skeptical. But after seeing previews, I began to be convinced. Well, he definitely threw his heart and soul into the role. He was able to portray a sick, twisted criminal who, in the words of Alfred, “just wants to see the world burn.” The movie was all about the Joker. Batman was almost a side character.

Throughout the whole movie Batman, Gordon, and Harvey Dent are coming up with these plans to stop the Joker from murdering and causing general chaos. But, he’s always a step ahead of them and uses their plans against them.  I didn’t read the comics as a kid and I didn’t know that Harvey Dent became Two Face.  I was pretty sad about that. I liked Harvey and what he represented.

I had two favorite parts in the movie. The first was when the prisoner threw the key to the bomb overboard. I wanted to give him a standing ovation. The second was at the very end when Harvey Dent died and Batman tells Gordon to call in that Batman killed all the people that Harvey actually killed. Batman says, “You either die a hero or live long enough to see yourself become the villain. And I can do both of those things.” People need to have their faith rewarded.

All in all, one of the best movies I’ve ever seen, and definitely the best superhero movie. Heath Ledger as the joker will be the bar by which all other villains are judged. It’s a must-see in the theaters and is a movie you can watch over and over again.  The only complaint that I have really is I didn’t like the replacement for Rachel Dawes. The other warning I would give is that this is not a children’s movie. It is very dark and while not bloody, it is violent.

Anyway, let me know what you thought of the movie!

No comments:

Post a Comment