Read More http://www.kevinandamanda.com/whatsnew/tutorials/how-to-use-a-cute-font-for-your-blogger-post-titles.html#ixzz1dHKNO6PS

Wednesday, August 13, 2008

The Olympics

I don’t really like sports, but I sure do love the olympics. I think part of it is that I’m a real America snob. I love seeing our team do well. I wish that we could win gold in every event.

Well, since Daniel and I are currently living in a spider-infested hole, we don’t get TV. Not even with those attractive bunny-ear antennas. Believe me, I’ve made Daniel try. A lot.

So, we’ve basically taken up a temporary residence with mom and dad Ellsworth. I’ve been getting my fill of olympic goodness. It’s been a lot of fun to see, honestly. I think Michael Phelps is awesome. I can’t believe he has as much energy as he does to do all those events and to do so well.

The other thing I find amazing about Phelps is his history. His teachers told his mother that he would never amount to anything and would never be able to focus. Kids made fun of his bean-pole body and big ears. I imagine those people feel pretty bad now. It just goes to show you that when you make statements like that, they tend to come back to haunt you.

The other interesting thing about the olympics is how China has been acting. To make the olympic village they bulldozed a bunch of homes, making thousands of people homeless. They have a specific area for protests. The girl that sang the national anthem was told she was too chubby to be seen and had a different girl lip-sync it for her. It would be funny if it wasn’t just so seriously weird.

Anyway, it’s been a fun week so far. Beauty and the Beast opens in 1 week from today. I finally sewed my costume and everything is coming together.

My final words are Go USA!

No comments:

Post a Comment