Read More http://www.kevinandamanda.com/whatsnew/tutorials/how-to-use-a-cute-font-for-your-blogger-post-titles.html#ixzz1dHKNO6PS

Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Meeting the Prophet

First off, let me say that I didn’t get any pictures. I didn’t bring my camera, and I would have felt weird getting a picture anyway.

I was able to attend an event last night where President Monson  was getting an award for his time as the General Manager of the Deseret Press. It was a really wonderful experience.

I sat next to the mayor of Santaquin, Brad Daw (the representative for Orem), and Howard Nielsen (former 3rd district representative). It was really neat to talk to everyone and get to know them a little better. It was the first time I had met Howard Nielsen, and he had a lot to say about the time he spent in Washington.

President Monson spoke about his love of the spoken, written, and musical word. A group of sisters from Springville sung songs from “Music Man” and “Phantom of the Opera.” It was really beautiful. President Monson told some stories of his time in the printing business. I got a little taste of his personality. He is definitely a perfectionist. He said that he expected perfection from himself and his colleagues. He quoted from several of his favorite musicals, and said that he loved watching Perry Mason. It was really a neat talk.

After the event I went outside and saw him as he was coming out. I was able to briefly shake his hand before he left. He certainly is a wonderful man.

No comments:

Post a Comment