Read More http://www.kevinandamanda.com/whatsnew/tutorials/how-to-use-a-cute-font-for-your-blogger-post-titles.html#ixzz1dHKNO6PS

Sunday, January 10, 2010

33 Weeks

I’ve had a pretty eventful week. I got a nice long break from work for Christmas, and came back on January 4 ready to get back into the swing of things. By Saturday, I was completely exhausted. It’s getting really difficult for me to be at work for 8 hours straight. I’ve been trying to get our new copy machine online, and it’s involved a lot of bending, squatting, and other tasks. Luckily, I have 3 new interns that are around almost full time. So, I’ve been learning to utilize them more.

On Wednesday, I got really busy and forgot to pack/eat lunch. I figured I could just make it until dinner and I’d be okay. I did it all the time before I was pregnant. Well, it didn’t work so well. I’m not sure if this is correlated in any way, but I got home and made some spaghetti really quick for dinner. That night, I couldn’t breathe from around 10 pm to 2 am. I tried every remedy in the book. I could not lay down or be the littlest bit inclined or else I would get incredible chest pain and just struggle for every breath. I contemplated going to the hospital, but Daniel was pretty sick, and I didn’t want to go all that way for them just to say, “So... you’re 33 weeks pregnant and can’t breathe? What would you like us to do?” So, I took some Tylenol, and sat on the couch propped up by pillows. I was finally able to sleep at 2 am. Next time, I think I’ll call labor and delivery first and see if they want me to come in or not. It was a really scary experience.

This weekend Daniel and I babysat my younger siblings while my parents went to San Diego. We went to church with them, and I can’t tell you how many people said, “You’re due in February?! You’re so small!” I guess to others I look a lot smaller than I feel. It doesn’t bother me when people tell me I’m small as long as they don’t imply that I’ve had a super easy pregnancy because I don’t weigh as much as they did.

My pregnancy “blues” have begun to subside. I didn’t write about it on this blog, but I’d been feeling really down for about 3 weeks. It was just like I felt empty. My doctor said it was probably not a big deal since I’ve had a lot that I’ve been dealing with. And, I think he was right. Now that I’m getting closer to my due date, I’m feeling much happier and optimistic about the whole thing.

This week I thought a little about a “birth plan.” I’m not going to be one of those people that walks into the hospital with a list of demands about my birth, but I think it’s good to have an idea and be prepared when situations arise. Things like, will Daniel cut the cord? Do I want the baby to be cleaned up a little before I hold her? How long do I want to wait before getting an epidural? Do I want an episiotomy, or should I risk tearing? It’s a lot of stuff to think about. We’re starting our birthing classes at the hospital on Wednesday. I hope that they’ll go over some of those things.

No comments:

Post a Comment