Read More http://www.kevinandamanda.com/whatsnew/tutorials/how-to-use-a-cute-font-for-your-blogger-post-titles.html#ixzz1dHKNO6PS

Saturday, January 16, 2010

34 Weeks

Daniel and I started birth classes at UVRMC this week. I think most of the things I’ll already know, but having knowledge is never a bad thing. Plus, it’s something to look forward to each week for 4 weeks. I have to laugh at some of the people in there though. Some of the guys are totally clueless. But, I guess that’s why you go to class, right?

Today I’m having a baby shower with my family. I’m really appreciative to my cousin, Vanessa, for throwing it for me. I’m pretty excited to get together with my family and have some fun.

This week I met with my boss about what my hours will be when I return to work. I was pretty sad to learn that I was going to have to keep my 9-5 M-F schedule. I don’t blame my job at all, I know that they have to do what they have to do. But, I do feel a little bit of remorse and sadness over not being able to be with my baby girl. We’re going to have to find someone to babysit Abigail from 9-12 on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. If you know of anyone who might be interested, let me know.

But, my work is going to be flexible with a lot of other things, and honestly, I’m really not in a bad position. Abigail will grow up in a stable home. And isn’t that the goal anyway? Sometimes you can’t have the perfect situation, but it is still a goal of mine to be a stay at home mom. One day I’ll get there.

Part of me kind of wishes I could just stay pregnant. I know that the next 6 weeks or so are going to be the last chance that I have to be with her all the time. I know that there have been a lot of discomforts of pregnancy, and obviously I can’t wait to meet her, but once she’s born I’m going to have to share her with the world. I was trying to explain to Daniel what her hiccups were like. And I realized that no one really gets to feel her move like I do. I am constantly aware of her presence. And, I hope that doesn’t change once she’s born..

No comments:

Post a Comment