Read More http://www.kevinandamanda.com/whatsnew/tutorials/how-to-use-a-cute-font-for-your-blogger-post-titles.html#ixzz1dHKNO6PS

Saturday, May 29, 2010

What I wish I hadn't passed on to my child

Eczema

I've struggled with eczema my whole life. I remember during junior high and high school having eczema so bad on my arms that I wore long-sleeved shirts all year long. It was itchy, weepy, and just sad. I was so self-conscious and thought that people thought I was diseased.

Poor baby eel has inherited my eczema. She has had a rash for about 3 weeks. I tried everything to clear it up. I switched our laundry soap to the special kind with no perfumes or dyes. I stopped using soap in her bath. I switched to a new lotion with no perfume. It made it a little better, but it still wasn't gone.

So, yesterday I took her to the doctor to get his opinion. After waiting for about an hour, he finally showed up and told me it was eczema. No duh. So, he printed off an info sheet about it and told me to start using cortizone cream and to give her daily baths. And, to use a thick cream on her skin 2-3 times a day.

Well, after 24 hours of doing this, her eczema has cleared up considerably. I hope it continues to do so. Poor baby.

On a completely different note, I've been thinking about opening up an independent bookstore. Not seriously of course, because this is a bad time to open a business and I don't have the money to do it. But, I wish that we had a good independent bookstore in Utah County. One that had awesome author signings and events. One that had a great staff that knows your name and what kind of books you like.

I'm so weird that I even know the building I'd put my bookstore in.
This is a really bad picture because I pulled it off google maps. But, there is a little house on the corner of 500 West and 100 South in Provo. It's an old house, but it looks so cute and cozy. I would name it Green Gables Books. Of course I would have to hire someone else to run the money and the business aspect of it. All I care about is buying and selling books. I am no salesman, but I can certainly push books.

Ah, to dream big. Anyway, hope you all have a fabulous Memorial Day weekend!

1 comment:

  1. Hope the eczema clears up and doesn't come back. How sad. I remember how you always got bad skin irritations every time the weather changed.

    If you were ever serious about opening this bookstore, count me in! I would work there.

    ReplyDelete