Read More http://www.kevinandamanda.com/whatsnew/tutorials/how-to-use-a-cute-font-for-your-blogger-post-titles.html#ixzz1dHKNO6PS

Sunday, October 24, 2010

24 on the 24th

I love my birthday.

Ever since I was little and knew what they were, birthdays have been the highlight of my year.

This year I am celebrating my golden birthday. Which basically just means that I have a reason so celebrate more than usual.

This year I am happy that no one is in the hospital or currently undergoing radiation therapy.

I was sung a special song by my baby eel this morning.  And, then I changed her diaper, because while it may be my birthday, babies have to do what babies have to do.

I got a lovely Amazon gift card from a cherished coworker. Seriously Jess, you rock.

I had an inbox full of Facebook well-wishes. (By the way, I think Facebook is like the best birthday card ever).

Besides dinner with my family this evening, I have no plans. Which means I can read books, play on my computer, or do whatever I want.

Thank you to everyone who came to my birthday party on Friday night. It was a blast. I made a fantastic Beef Bourguignon that was based on this recipe.  (warning, it is a rather labor intensive dish, but so very worth it).

I also made a Garlic Artichoke dip that from Our Best Bites that was very well received.

Thanks to all my friends and family who have made the last 24 years unique and special. Eat a Reese's today as my treat to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment