Read More http://www.kevinandamanda.com/whatsnew/tutorials/how-to-use-a-cute-font-for-your-blogger-post-titles.html#ixzz1dHKNO6PS

Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Back to Square One

I spoke too soon about having some relief. The progesterone poisoning was back in full force today. I took a sick day yesterday. I am so grateful to have a job that is flexible enough for me to take some rest time when it is really needed. I really do feel taken care of by my employer. Everyone in the office is concerned about my health.

One of Sen. Bennett’s staff came into the office today to see how I was feeling. She knew I had taken the day off yesterday. Unfortunately, she came in right after I’d had an “episode” so I was really pale and teary-eyed. She was very kind and said she hoped I felt better. I told her that lately I just felt really burdensome to those around me. (My husband, family, friends, church, work, etc). She said, “Don’t you have visiting teachers or someone that can come by and help you with things when you need them?” I said that sadly I wasn’t assigned any visiting teachers, and I didn’t feel really comfortable calling on people to do things for me.

But, I think the biggest down thing for me is just that I really do feel like such a burden. I can’t go to church and teach the sunbeams, so I leave my team-teacher high and dry every week. Daniel has been doing all the cooking and cleaning pretty much since week 6. My job has been flexible, but I’m just not putting in the effort that I’m used to. I flake out on visits and get-togethers with friends and family because I’m just too sick to travel 20-30 minutes in a car.

I know this can’t last forever, and I keep praying that I can have a more positive attitude about this whole experience. I’m hoping our gender ultrasound goes well and that I have a little more to look forward to in this pregnancy.

Thanks to my little handful of readers for all your support. You guys mean the world to me, really.

No comments:

Post a Comment