Read More http://www.kevinandamanda.com/whatsnew/tutorials/how-to-use-a-cute-font-for-your-blogger-post-titles.html#ixzz1dHKNO6PS

Monday, October 12, 2009

Grandchildren, Great-Grandchildren, and Firsts

Abigail is pretty lucky, she gets to be the first at a lot of things.

She is going to be our first baby and our first girl. (As a first myself, I have to say that having girls first is the best).

She is going to be my parents’ first grandchild and granddaughter. Still not so sure how they feel about it. (I think my mom thinks she’s too young to be a grandma, whatever). Daniel’s parents have 10 grandchildren. (I think... I can’t really remember off the top of my head, and it’s too late to actually count). However, there hasn’t been a girl in a few years.

She will be my grandmother’s first great-granddaughter. There are already two great-grandsons.

And, I read that the baby can probably hear my voice now. I’ve started reading “Great Expectations” to her at nights when she’s most active. I thought about reading small books like Dr. Seuss or something. But, then I realized that she wasn’t going to understand anything I read, so I may as well attempt to infuse some culture. And, maybe she’ll understand young just how good her life is.

No comments:

Post a Comment