Read More http://www.kevinandamanda.com/whatsnew/tutorials/how-to-use-a-cute-font-for-your-blogger-post-titles.html#ixzz1dHKNO6PS

Thursday, July 23, 2009

Trip to Denver

This past week I had the opportunity to go to Denver to learn about the wonders of CMS, which is the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services. It’s a big part of what I do at work, and I am guessing that isn’t going to change anytime soon.

Monday before we left, I felt awful. I couldn’t hold anything down for more than 15 minutes or so. I knew it was going to be a great trip. Southwest Airlines was extremely gracious, and recognizing my plight, allowed me to pre-board, guaranteeing me an aisle seat near a bathroom. Luckily, that flight was incident-free.

I made it to every event at the conference that pertained to my work. Afterwards though, I just slept. A lot. Most times Daniel had to bring back take-out. He’s so good like that.

Thursday, we flew back. That was a nightmare of a trip. The woman at the security counter was seriously taking 5 minutes to analyze each driver’s license picture. Then, when Daniel and I got to the counter I put my ticket and ID on her stand, she went on to the next customer. I said, “Have you already checked my ticket?” She said, “Were you with him?” I said, “Yes.” She said, “Oh, I didn’t know.” And then went on to the next person. It’s not like we were in a hurry, we were 3 hours early. But, I wasn’t feeling well and needed to sit down. Stupid lady.

Southwest let me pre-board again, and the stewardess was extremely friendly and kind. She kept bringing me extra bags, and cleaning up without any complaint. She even brought me cold wet towels to put on the back of my neck. I was so appreciative.

Now I’m home, and I’m contemplating my next step. Do I bring up the nausea to my doctor next week? I’ve been taking Unisom and Vitamin B6 every night, plus eating small meals all day long. It only seems to be working about 50% of the time. Is it time to try something a little stronger? If I have another week like last week, I’ll be very sad. I feel like a failure at work, and a no-good slug at home. I can’t seem to find the energy or strength to get anything done. I just hope this goes away soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment